Sunday 27 February 2011

A Three Horse Race


I popped into Gloucester Antiques Centre this morning to take a new display shelving unit & imagine my surprise when I saw the front window.

In celebration of the Cheltenham Festival (horse racing), the centre had put on their very own version. As I am the only dealer with my own "stable" all the runners are mine (good odds for a win then?)

They look so cute with their teddy bear jockeys & surrounded by horse & race day related goodies.



As you can see, the favorite, Mobo's Prairie King is in the lead with plucky little Mobo's Pony Walker coming up on the inside while Triang's Red, White & Blue is bringing up the rear (probably had too much hay for breakfast!)


They are all after the big gold cup!
Who is your favourite?


12 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Good display! I fancy a flutter on plucky Pony walker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're brill, what a great display. Hope they sell well too!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is silly but I always wanted one of those horses with the springs on - and I have never got over my girly crush on them! I am in love with your photo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is the little one in the front
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG,a Mobo horsey with springs. Just like Annie TheFeltFairy I SO wanted one of those when I was small in 19filthylie. I wanted it more than a real pony. I ached for it. I told stories to my younger sister about it. I grew up to be a PR for fabulous brands (aka storytelling). She joined the pony club, married a leading jockey, owned several horses of her own and admittedly loves horses more than people. But I still want that Mobo pony of my childhood dreams. Is that sad? Or just misguided!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwww i love it such a lovely idea to, I love the big white horse on the red runners, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The big one is just like the one they had at playgroup in the village hall in Lower Broadheath when I was little. I remember it well as my little sister went there after me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband had a Mobo horse when he was a boy and until recently my mother-in-law had it for the grandchildren to play on, sadly the children are all gorwn up now - I wonder what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My money's on Mobo's Prairie King! They're all lovely though

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased you left your kind comments on my blog as it led me to your own post, which made me smile even more than my cards :)
    Love the old boot rack... I could do with one of those! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder that one is last, he's not looking where he's going!

    ReplyDelete