Saturday 4 August 2012

Gloucester

As you already know, I have a unit at the Gloucester Antiques Centre. This is situated at the Gloucester docks in an old warehouse which has been beautifully renovated & offers a lovely bright, light space to display my vintage treasures.
Usually I go straight there, unload & arrange my stock, grab a cup of coffee & then go home. 


Last week, as Mr C was with me, we decided to go for a wander. It's quite funny how you overlook the places you go to regularly isn't it? They just get taken for granted. While I was there I took some photos of the interesting things I saw & thought I'd share them here with you.

A beautiful building right in the middle of the shopping area.


A prettified bicycle outside a vintage shop which I discovered down an alley - it used to be a pub!


An amazing clock above a shop. It has moving figures which animate & ding their bells on the hour.


Finally, two photos of the docks themselves - this is just outside the antique centre. I loved the little 'garden' area next to the canal boats. 


Besides the antique centre there is the Gloucester Quays outlet centre, a number of cafes & various shops & it is just a short walk to the pedestrianised shopping area. There are a couple of museums in the dock area & you can go for a boat ride along the canals too. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that does look gorgeous.
    Love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely & that clock is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went once years ago when the Opie collection was there, think another trip is due
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved these photos, Jayne... brings back how much I have missed England! Glad you two had such a good trip around town...and shared!
    hugs
    Sandi
    ps
    wasn't it you I sent the package to that included the package of grits and Texas Pete hot sauce? Is hubby needing a refill on hot sauce and did you try the grits? Lord that was several years ago, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloucester looks lovely - the blue sky helps of course - so nice to see these pics, Jayne. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! When we first moved here, nearly eight years ago, we noticed things we liked in the area and it takes time and effort to keep noticing all the special things about our local area. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete