Tuesday 13 November 2012

New Country Cottage Chic HQ


For quite some time now I have been longing for somewhere to store my vintage stock where it is easy to get at & to see what I have. I had boxes in the garage, bags in my upstairs room, stuff in drawers & cupboards. If I wanted something out of the garage I had to pull out the lawnmower & move stacks of boxes around to get at what I wanted.

So, finally, I decided to go for it & find a suitable shed to call my very own...after trawling various online sites looking for the right size & shape...(after all, it had to look nice too - no ordinary shed for me) I placed my order! Then I had to decide where to put it. After humming & hahing & much tape measuring with string & pegs,  I decided that the best place would be where this old raised vegetable bed was - after all, the wooden edges had rotted & needed replacing anyway & I do have another one next to the polytunnel. Also, it is flat unlike most of the garden. I had decided on a wooden frame base so that we wouldn't have to cover any of the garden with concrete to create a base.





Soon the big day arrived & all the parts were unloaded - this is the back of the shed propped up against the garage - quite big!


The side pieces were squeezed through the gate but the ends had to be hoisted over the wall by my two boys.



A few days later the construction team arrived & up went my new pride & joy....an adorable Dutch barn style shed with double doors at the front.



Of course the next requirement was shelving. I visited the big blue warehouse but nothing seemed strong enough or deep enough for my needs, so back to the good old world wide web I went & found some easy to put together industrial shelving that would hold up to 300kg in weight - plenty strong enough for all my treasure! In went the shelving (put together by the long suffering Mr C.

 The best part was next...putting everything in...and look how nicely organised it looks now! 





These boxes are full of goodies for The Vintage Jumble Sales.


Mummy's little helper!


It is such a pleasure to be able to do a hop, skippety jump from the back door, pop into the shed (now known as The Vintage Barn) & pick out what I want in a second or two.



Of course there had to be a table & a bit of bunting to finish off & a radio for listening to while I sort goodies & admire my new store room!


11 comments:

  1. I'm green with envy - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! Love the shape and sooo organised too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayne! Your new store room is amazing! I am sure you will make it so pretty that will fill our eyes with joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jayne ... a Vintage Barn all of your own ... how fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now why didn't we think of putting shelving up like that when we erect our new shed...........
    Think that's a job for next summer!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Dutch barn look.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that IS a shed. Dear Santa.............

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Vintage Barn! What a treat to have such a wonderful storage space...I think you should hold tea parties in it in the summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. .....and where is Toby's chaise, as I am sure that he needs somewhere comfy to supervise from?!
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really go big with your storage :-)

    Great job!! and all nicely placed in plastic containers.

    Must have felt great!

    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete