Sunday 15 November 2009

Fun fun fun!


Saturday morning saw the Cottage household waking up at the crack of dawn to get ready for the Christmas Vintage & Handmade Fair. Luckily for us it isn't very far so we arrived there early together with a few other early birds which gave us a few minutes for hugs, kisses & catching up before the doors opened for everyone to set up.

We had two hours to prepare & much bustling around & arranging later, the doors opened to an eager crowd who had braved the downpours & the howling gales to attend the event.

It was all go for almost the entire day with much shopping & chatting & drinking of tea.

We had some wonderful comments from many people & in our guest book, so I thought I'd quote a few from the book to give you a flavour of how much everyone enjoyed it.



"The best day out we've had in a long time - we came from Oxfordshire. Better than Country Living"


"Popped in - what a surprise! The quality & choice was fabulous. Love it! Will come again."

"Brilliant as always!"


"Absolutely divine! Been counting down the weeks - definitely worth the wait - can't wait until the next one!"

"Wonderful! Can't wait for May!!! Super cup of tea!"


"Another wonderful event! Well worth the 220 mile round trip."

"Brilliant show!"



"So many beautiful things to see & buy! Very inspiring! Thank you. PS: Lovely spot of tea!"

"I drove all the way from London & it was lovely! Just a suggestion - more stuff for boys so I could do all my shopping in one place!"


All the photos here are from my stall, but Mr Cottage took lots of others & has posted them on Flickr for you to enjoy, or you can see a slideshow on the Vintage & Handmade website.

Thanks to all the stallholders & all the visitors who make this such a special event.
Also the fabulous tea room helpers who worked non-stop all day to provide refreshments for everyone.

Don't forget to add 1 May & 28 November 2010 to your diaries for next year's fairs!

20 comments:

  1. Well done to all of you, this was the first time we managed to get to the fayre and we really enjoyed it. You all worked so hard, and it was definitely worth driving through the typhoon to reach you! Are the next fayres in the same place?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the piccys!! wish id made it now!...looks so wonderful all the lovely vintage treasures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done everyone - can't wait to visit you all in may!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a wonderful event. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic, so sorry didn't manage to make it.I will definitely be there in May.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look wonderful,so sad I couldn't make it this time! Can't wait till May!I love to see everyone's photos after the event, Brilliant!
    Now go and put your feet up and have a well earned rest!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Jayne, Just want to say a very big thankyou for yet another great day all your hard work is really appreciated by us all. I did not manage to see you to say hello, I did pop by your stand a couple of times but we must have missed each other. Already looking forward to May! Hope you are having a well deserved rest today. Lots of love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jayne
    What a wonderful day it was too! Thank you so much for putting all the time and effort into organising a truly magical event. You must be very proud with such a successful event - you certainly deserve to be! I'm sorry I didn't get chance to say hello and thank you directly.
    Hoping that you have your feet up and are resting happily and perusing your wonderful memories of a special day.
    Happy days to you
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that the event was enjoyed by so many. Well done. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1st May is already in the diary!!

    I second that your fair was much better than the Country Living fair.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on yet another successful fair, I didn't mind missing the CL fair on Thursday but gutted I couldn't make yours. I've been to both & yours is the best :) I have been those dates in my calendar, hope to see you in May. Do you have any deers left?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well.. that's it.. all over for another six months.. Already looking forward to the next and planning my display.. Do you think I can sell Christmas trees in May???
    It was fun.. thanks partner for another great show!
    Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh it all looks so pretty, wish i could have come! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jayne, I can't thank you and your family enough for such a special day. The day meant so much to me. Thank you so much for all the hard work that went into making a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds great, now when are you going to journey on up to Yorkshire :)
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. gutted I missed it this time! I hope it was another great fair! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really hope to make it there one of these days, I love the doggy garland! Sounds like a resounding success again.

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Jayne for all your hard work organising! It was fab and I feel really Christmassy now.

    and thank Mr cottage for all his lovely photos.

    Claire from Elfie and Me x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jayne,
    Thank you for organising a great fair - I've been travelling around Blogland and have read many great comments and Blog posts from the visitors - all similar in tone to those in your visitors book.
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh it looks lovely... and I love the sound of 'much drinking of tea'. What a wonderful day!
    Love Charlotte
    xxx

    ReplyDelete