Monday 26 October 2009

New Toy



When Miss Cottage went off to university in September she needed to take a sewing machine, so off she went with my trusty computerised Brother machine which I've had for about 10 years & does everything except make a cup of tea.

Of course this left me machine-less which is a Very Bad Thing! So, I had to find another one to use. Of course I started off looking at ones with all the bells & whistles & they certainly do a lot these days, but then I thought that I didn't really need two machines that could do all those things (and I have to admit that I don't really use all the gadgets very much anyway).

So, I scaled down my requirements, did a bit of research, tried out a machine or two in a sewing shop & settled on this lovely number - it is basically like my other machine but doesn't do as much or have as many attachments, but all the attachments will fit both machines. I am partial to Brother machines having used industrial machines made by them for years. A few of my requirements are that the machine is sturdy, doesn't jump around, is fast & will sew through all thicknesses & this one met all those needs AND it was on special offer as it is an Anniversary edition, so even better! I do like a bargain....

So, I'm very pleased with the new addition to my sewing room.....as you can see, my supervisor, Pippa, is beside herself with delight too......


10 comments:

  1. I hope that it gives you hours of fun!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for those pins, Pippa. Enjoy your new "toy" Jayne. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great choice! Just what you need, without any wasted bits. Can't wait to see what you make now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff, Jayne, look forward to seeing what you whizz up with your girl's toy! Loving Pippa, there's generally at least one furry supervisor in my den, too.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you a good mother! Hehe.
    Looks like a great machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you make. Looks a great machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had my more than 50 years old industrial Pfaff repaired for a whopping 160 euros, but I love that machine. But this looks cool too, have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy 'playing' with your new toy! I've fallen out with my machine...again!... after breaking the needle on Sunday & now the tension's all wrong :(
    How lovely to see a furry friend, I think we need to see more of Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for daughters that want your sewing machine I say! I so hope my daughter will be into sewing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea of being without my machine fills me with dread! I have one that my Nana bought me for my 18th so it's pretty old!

    ReplyDelete