Saturday 17 October 2009

Sustain on Saturday

This morning Mr Cottage, The Boy & I drove over to Stroud to visit the "Sustain" exhibition.
Lovely Annie of A Saucerful of Secrets fame was there with her wonderful felted animal dolls - such a fabulous feel of whimsy & creativity. I particularly fell in love with her charming pug.

There were other exhibitors of course, but I didn't want to take photos without permission. Annie was happy for me to snap away (with the phone camera as I hadn't taken a camera with me).

Annie will be bringing her fantabulous menagerie & other delights to the Vintage & Handmade Fair next month....it's exactly 4 Saturdays from today!

In the meantime you can see more of her work at The Little Wren House Factory.





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, I'm looking forward to seeing for myself at the V & HM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went over to The Little Wren House Factory to have a peep, and my, oh my, what beautiful work. What a wealth of talent out there. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog when I was ill...very much appreciated!

    See you soon!
    Love,Sal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pug! Can't believe it's only 4 saturdays away, such a shame I can't come :( but this means my fair is only 3 weeks away.....oohhh no!!
    I've just done a post with the big knit results. Thanks for joining in, I could hear your bell going as I was taking the parcel to the post office...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh rats..you beat me to it Jayne!
    I think we arrived just after you had left. Fabulous exhibition wasn't it!
    All that talent in one room.. my favourite artists.. Annie, Cleo Mussi, Julie Arkell and my Edwina Bridgeman..
    I can't wait to see Annie's characters at our fair next month.

    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was a great exhibition jo and i went on friday - lucky you to be able to take some photos for the blog annie refused us which was a shame! looking forward to the vh fair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those animal dolls are so cute, quirky and clever, I love them.

    Miss Cottage (previous post) is very clever too, especially like the tea cosies and her use of bright, punchy colours!

    ReplyDelete